What To Look For In A Roof Contractor
Hiring a reliable and experienced roofing contractor is important! Both in function and appearance, your roof is an important part of your home—you need to make sure it looks, and works, great. Hiring a roof contractor may seem difficult, but fortunately we’re here with some tips on what exactly to look for, which will hopefully help with your search!
- Insurance: While professional roof contractors know which safety precautions to take, accidents can happen. You need to make sure that your roof contractors are properly and fully insured, and have worker’s compensation, otherwise you may find yourself in the position of having to pay in the case of accident and/or injury.
- Flexibility: Depending on your needs, you may want to finance your roof. Look for companies that offer financing, monthly payments, reasonable interest rates, and flexible payment options.
- Warranty: A good roof contractor will be able to provide a warranty for all work done.
- Local: By choosing a contractor who is established and well-regarded in your community, you can be pretty sure you’re making the right choice! Word-of-mouth recommendations are generally a good way to tell that you’ll be getting good service. If a company has been established in the same community for a long time, you can tell they’re reliable.
- Transparency: A reputable company will be quick to return your calls, provide all proper documentation, and make all agreements available in writing. Terms of payment and the length of the job should all be clear and documented. A company that is professional and doesn’t leave you waiting when it comes to communication and administration can usually be trusted to do a thorough and professional job.
- You get what you pay for: Companies that offer the cheapest price may seem appealing, but you should only go with companies that come well-recommended. Shopping around for a competitive price is a good idea, but often you get what you pay for, so just going with the first cheap price you find can often result in lower quality work.
At Royal York Roofing we provide fully licensed, insured service and provide warranties of up to 15 years. We provide comprehensive roofing, repair, and maintenance services backed up by our extensive portfolio, and numerous testimonials from satisfied customers.
If you are considering a new roof, or any other repairs or maintenance give us a call today! With Royal York Roofing, you’ll know you’re getting the best service possible.